First post for 2010!

I think this is a pretty exciting post because I have just discovered vegan cooking! I've always had bit of aversion to vegan,vegetarian and gluten free kinda deals for fear of them tasting, well gross. But I found an amazing website yesterday that inspired me to give some vegan cupcakes a go and OH MAN! was I surprised. Best cupcakes I have EVER made! and I've made my fair share of cupcakes in my lifetime. But these are just oh my! oh my! out of this world kinda good. They are really moist and chocolatey and! low fat!! I have officially been converted to vegan cooking, I already liked the idea becuase of the no meat dairy or animal products part (which is not only good for you but for nature) and now that I have some delicious recipes whats not to love?. Here is the recipe.

Vegan chocolate cupcakes:

Ingredients:
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1/4 cup cocoa powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon distilled white (or lemon juisce does the same thing)
* 1 cup water

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease muffin pan or place into muffin cups.
2. Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the oil, vanilla, vinegar and water. Mix together until smooth.
3. Pour into prepared pans and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.

You can make them mint chocolate chip like these ones by adding mint essence to your icing and a little green food colouring or sprinkle with crushed oreo cookies.


Since I dont have regualar work atm I figured I might as well do something productive, so I'm going to start making and selling my jewelry again. I need to do some market research lol and stake out whats cool atm becuase I haven't made any in a while but should help make some coffee bean and scrap booking money until work starts. Watch this space.

Comments