Ode to soup!

So I haven't had a post in aaages and am at home sick today. What better excuse to do some blogging. I dedicate this post to my new found love of soups. In the last week I have made 3 kinds of scrummy soup, Mexican taco soup, spicy bean soup and my newest discovery roasted capsicum soup. All served with crusty bread! there is something inherently good about eating piping hot soup and dunking crispy bread into your bowl, mmm delish. I dont think you can beat siting down on a chilly night with a big bowl of good soup.It's just such good stuff!

So here is my recipe for the latter of my soups which is perhaps the easiest soup you will ever make! its actually the first recipe for capsicum soup that comes up on google! the reason for this being I cut out a recipe for capsicum soup then proceeded to lose it after i had just bought 4 capsicums for my soup cooking purposes. Any who was a totally blessing because this soup is divine.

Roasted Capsicum Soup:




Serving size: Serves 4 but we had big bowls full so maybe 3.
Cooking time: Less than 60 minutes
Special options: Lactose free
Course: Entree, Lunch or dinner.

INGREDIENTS

4 red capsicums, deseeded cut into 8
4 roma tomatoes, quartered
2 red onions, cut into wedges
4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
salt and pepper
4 thick slices sour dough bread
1 tablespoon garlic oil
1 tablespoon pesto

METHOD

Preheat oven to 250°C (230°C fan forced).

Place capsicum, tomatoes, onions and garlic in a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile heat stock in a medium saucepan.

Combine roasted vegetables and stock in a blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.

Drizzle bread with garlic oil and toast on a preheated chargrill, sprinkle with sea salt.

Serve soup topped with pesto and the garlic toast.

Comments