Coconut and Jam Muffins

I really love Louise cake- if you haven't tried it, its a delicious coconuty and jammy slice. I wanted to try and invent a Louise cake muffin. So I used a plain muffin recipe and added some threaded coconut, vanilla, extra sugar and then placed a spoonful of raspberry jam into the middle. MMMM a total delicious success! Here is my recipe:

Coconut & Jam Muffins (My Louise cake muffins):



1/3 Cup oil
3/4 sugar ( I used caster sugar but regular sugars fine)
1/2 Cup Coconut
1 egg
1tsp vanilla essence
1/2 Cup milk
2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
3tbsp raspberry jam

1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and place muffin cases into a tray (makes 12).

2. In a large bowl, beat the egg, vanilla, milk and oil then add the dry ingredients. Mix well!

3. Drop a large tablespoon of batter into each muffin case, then add a teaspoon of jam in the centre. Spoon more coconut batter over the top, filling the cases two-thirds full. Sprinkle with some toasted coconut.

4. Bake for 25 minutes until well-risen and golden-brown. YUM YUM!

Comments