Sausage Casseroles

Its getting pretty chilly here in Wellington so we have been having lots of casseroles for dinner. I thought I'd post one of our new favourites. Spicy sausage casserole from the Countdown ads on T.V. James found it in the sausage isle and decided to cook it for us last week, its delicious!! Really hearty and just enough spice!

Spicy Sausage Casserole



What you need:
A small packet of sausages about 6
Peri peri seasoning or chilli flakes
Ground cumin
1 can of tomatos
an onion

Basically you cut up your sausages and cook them in a pan with a sliced onion and a little oil. Once they are cooked you add a can of tomatoes, two shakes of peri peri seasoning (or some chilli flakes)and two table spoons of cumin to give it a yumo mexican flavour. Then you let it simmer for about ten mins and serve it with mashed potatoes or crusty bread. How easy is that? and its reeeealy good. Next time I make it I'll add an apple to the mix, I love the sweet flavour of an apple cooked into your casserole, I think this would make it even more delicious!

Comments

Eat,Bake,Love said…
Hey thanks a lot! I'm glad you enjoy it. I'll go and check out your site now:)
Anonymous said…
Good job. I'm definitely going to bookmark you!