Happy first of December!

In honour of December I am posting the first of my holiday Christmas treats today!

I baked these yesterday just to make sure they were as delicious as I remembered, and you'll be happy to know they were even MORE delicious! I hope you enjoy them:)

This was originally the "Herseys cookie recipe" but I've modified it (for maximum deliciousness purposes)

Christmas Treat #1: Snow top chocolate mint cookies


Ingredients:

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1 cup of cocoa
  •  1 cup (12-oz. pkg.) dark Chocolate Chips or mint flavoured chocolate bar
  • 1 drop of peppermint essence
Preheat oven to 180 degrees
Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well.
 Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate,cocoa and peppermint (the result is the glorious chocolatey mixture below).
 Roll teaspoon sized balls of cookie dough in icing sugar and drop onto ungreased cookie sheet. 

 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.  When mine had finshed baking they didnt have that much icing sugar left for the "snow top" effect I was going for so I just dipped them back into the bowl of icing sugar. Perfect!


Comments

lindsay said…
um.....these look amazing!! i have a huge sweet tooth and anything that involves chocolate and powdered sugar gets an A in my book :)

xoxo
Eat,Bake,Love said…
They taste even better than they look xx
cool blog !!! i follow you and I hope you follow me =) kiss kiss ALE

http://littleblondieinrome.blogspot.com