Elvis brownies

So tonight I have the house to myself and decided to combine two if my favourite things listening to some loud Rock and Roll music while baking a new brownie recipe. The result? possibly my best brownies yet!

I thought I'd share the recipe with you because unlike regular brownie this one has a bit of a secret trick at the end....

Its an ice bath! yep, you heard it here first! letting your brownies cool in an ice bath will ensure they are crunchy on top and gooey in the middle, brilliant!



Recipe adapted by me from kingartherflour.com

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup cocoa
3 large eggs
3/4 cup of brown wholemeal flour
    Melt the sugar and butter in a microwave safe bowl for about a min on high. Add the salt and vanilla. Mix in the three eggs and your cocoa until combined. Do a bit of a dance around to your favourite Elvis song, then add the flour and pour into a greaseproof paper lined brownie pan. Bake for about 25 mins at 180 and then quickly place into an ice bath too cool! Viola! Elvis brownies:)


    I also wanted to share this FANTASTIC musician I discovered last month, I'm really enjoying his music. His name is Ben Howard and his album is called "Every Kingdom" and its released 3 Oct. All his songs are just hauntingly beautiful, I love his lyrics they are like pretty poems. His voice kinda reminds me of a combo of Bon Iver and Robert Pattinson, mmm whats not too like?

    "We stood
    Steady as the stars in the woods
    So happy-hearted
    And the warmth rang true inside these bones"


    The Pines by Ben Howard

    Comments