Haunted Halloween Gingerbread house

Last year for Christmas I made my first ever gingerbread house and it was so much fun I thought I'd make a haunted gingerbread house for halloween this year.

The gingerbread recipe was really crunchy and delicious! I used this recipe from www.bbb.co.uk which I liked so much I think I'll use it just for regular cookies, they'd be really good with a cup of tea!

Basically to make the house all you need is a template, some cooking paper and some patience!
I made my own house template but you can download them off the internet just by searching for 'gingerbread house templates'.

The finished house after about 3 hours of waiting and icing and waiting... I was done:)
I decided to make a little zombie graveyard behind the house...
The glass stained windows were one of my favourite parts, you just place a boiled sweet into the cut out holes and the oven does the rest while its baking. Pro tip don't cook them on baking paper because no matter what you do the lollies get stuck at the back. I recommend using a silicone baking mat for all of the pieces.
The pieces waiting to be assembled below...
A close up of one of my zombies
More of my 'gingerdead men'

My inspiration:

Comments