Hundreds and Thousands Cupcakes

Recently Whittaker's chocolate brought out a new chocolate block in New Zealand (which I was VERY excited about) The Whittaker's hundreds and thousands block. It's basically a version of these delicious little biscuits which are iced pink with sprinkles on top, totally reminiscent of 5 year birthday parties. Yum,yum,yum! It's actually really, really good! so good in fact that I thought it needed... A Cupcake version!

The chocolate itself is pretty sweet so I wanted to make the cupcake a bit on the plain side so it wasn't too full on!  I made one of my favourite cupcake recipes from the Hummingbird bakery book, it's called their 'basic vanilla cupcakes' then I added about 1/8 of a cup of 100s and 1000s so they would have lots of rainbow sprinkles throughout:)

When they had cooled I iced them with a pink strawberry butter cream frosting, some more 100s and 1000s and a piece of the chocolate, yum!

Here's some photos of the finished result :)

I'm pretty pleased with them and will totally be making them again, maybe for my children at work x




Comments