DAY 5, 6 and 7: Gluten free reindeer cookies, healthy fruit punch and fresh fruit ice blocks

I've been really busy the last couple of days finishing work, packing, other assorted Christmasy tasks before I head home for Christmas.

I did do some pretty awesome baking today though...

I made reindeer Christmas cookies :)

I used this recipe below but added gluten free flour.



GINGERBREAD COOKIES
125g butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup golden syrup
3 cups flour
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 teaspoons baking soda
1 egg
1 teaspoons vanilla essence

1. Place butter, sugar and golden syrup in saucepan and heat gently until butter melts. Allow to cool, then add baking soda.
2. Add sifted flour and spices and mix well, then add egg and vanilla. Mix to form a soft dough.
3. Roll dough out thinly, cut into shapes then bake on a greased oven tray at 180°C for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

I had some left over dough so decided to get a bit creative :)


Another thing I'm looking forward to trying is this recipe for Sparkling Tropical fruit punch (no added sugar)

2 limes sliced
1 punnet of frozen strawberries
1 litre of fresh orange juice
250 ml of sparkling mineral water
3 passionfruit

and last but not least...

Frozen fruit ice blocks

It's just sugar free lemonade and any fruit you like! I bought some Popsicle molds to make these last year but I kept forgetting. I hope I've given you some healthy treat inspiration :) Cya next year blog!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!




Comments