Our 30th Birthday Party

A couple of weekend's ago we celebrated our 30th Birthday's, Mexican style! We decided to do a joint party because our Birthday's are only 2 months apart and also it just seemed like a fun idea for a mid winter party. What better way to celebrate than to dress up and pretend like it's not really freezing outside!

We turned our flat into a little piece of Mexico with lots of bright coloured decorations, delicious homemade Mexican fare and of course a pretty rad and appropriately themed cake. If you didn't know already I love coconut and this cake was a great way for me to make a cake I'd always wanted to try! It was called the 'You put the lime in the coconut cake'. I used Rachel Allen's recipe and got my inspiration for the cake from Pinterest. I was so pleased with the cake, I had done a test run first to make sure it was really delicious and then whipped it up the morning of the party. Luckily for us our beautiful friends decided to come down especially from Auckland and spent most of their Saturday helping us prep the food and drinks which was an incredible help! The party was everything I think we had hoped it would be. We had so much fun and it was really great to see lots of our friends  (some of who we hadn't seen since our move back to Wellington last November). For added fun factor we decided to make a photo booth in our home by sticking up some crepe paper streamers and providing a few props. It made for some hilarious photo opportunities throughout the night and now we have some great photo memories to treasure!

Here are a few...

 I made the tiny bunting myself from washi tape and some paper straws, it worked really well and was much cheaper than the bunting you can buy online from cake shops.




Here some of the snacks we made... The tiny taco cups were my favourite.

Cheers to being 30 (almost) and to great friends <3



Comments