Cravings and Christmas treats

I haven't been baking in a little while because I just haven't had that much energy really but lately I've been feeling a bit better (early pregnancy sucks!) A few things I've been really loving and I think help my morning sickness are....

Lemons! I just really love them at the moment. Lift seems to be my absolute favourite drink as well as lemonade ice blocks and lime juice. I've been dying to make a lemon meringue pie but it takes a long time so perhaps for Labour weekend? We'll see.

Oranges! For about 2 weeks all I could really keep down was bread, crackers and oranges. They have become my new best friend. Even orange flavoured things seem to really help me like orange zest in muffins or orange chocolate. So far I'm finding this whole pregnancy thing is pretty weird and I feel anything but 'glowing'. I'm now well into my second trimester and I can only hope that feeling good phase is very near!

In other news I've noticed some of my favourite places have their Christmas ranges out already (hooray!). I LOVE Christmas! Lush has some adorable bath bombs which I can't wait to try. The penguin is my fav and it's citrus scented!Totally need to get one of those.
Ezibuy also has an adorable Christmas selection this year. Plus some yummy looking treats like these pretty chocolate bars and lovely decorations which I think I'll be purchasing. This Woodland one is so cute!



Hopefully I'll be back to my old baking self soon... I'll keep you posted blogger friends xx

SR

Comments