Life update and getting back into cooking and baking

Hi Blogger friends!

Holy moly it's been almost 6 months since my last blog post (sorry about that). I think that is the longest stretch I've ever gone! Firstly, I think a lot of my absence has been due to my insane busy-ness at work and then adding pregnacy into the mix has really thrown me off my blogger game. However, I'm pleased to annouce that I'm now resting and relaxing for our little ones arrival.

Only 3 weeks to go!

So what have I been up to lately you might be wondering? I think after working well into my 8th month of pregnacy I've mostly just been sleeping Zzzz and unwinding from a full on year of teaching. I've also been enjoying simple things again like cooking. I'd been so crippled with morning scikness for a lot of my pregancy poor James was cooking almost every night for us after work and I've been enjoying having the energy and time to make dinners agian. I've been trying out some new clean recipes like this yummy mince and cabbage stirfry as well as some baking treats like homemade afghans.

We've also had some new neighbours move in up the road and they've brought the most beauitful ragdoll kitty cat with them. Not only is he stunning but he's also very cheeky and if you have your door open he'll stroll right in making himself comfortable on your couch or rug. Yesterday I  heard a little meow upstairs and discovered him asleep on our bed!! Needless to say I was not impressed! He gave me a look like ' Excuse me! I'm sleeping here' The cheek!. Look at that little face though...

In terms of pregnant life.. I'm starting to get to the point of being 'Over it!' which I'd heard about from a lot of people but have only really discovered in these final weeks. I think it's just got a bit annoying not being able to pick up things or reach for things because your bellies in the way. It's a pretty weird feeling really. I'm also finding driving tricky because I'm short so ordinarily I have to move the seat forward to reach the pedals except now my belly gets stuck between the steering wheel and the seat and I'm like this beached whale trying to undo my seatbelt- ugh.

I'm really looking forward to that very first moment of meeting our baby and I think that is acting as the light at the end of the tunnel for me. I am however loving coffee agian which I'm very pleased about. The very thought of it made me physically ill for about 4 months and for this long time coffee lover that was pretty rough!

Comments