Making Lime Curd

As you know I'm a huge lover of citrus things! So when my lovely antenatal friend offered me a kg of fresh limes from Nelson I jumped at the chance. I had lots of ideas about what I wanted to make but ended up deciding on some Lime Curd.

I made a test batch first because I wasn't sure how it would go and wanted to make sure the recipe worked before comitting to using the whole kilo.

I'm pleased to say the recipe was really great! The hardest part was cooking your mixture so that it thickens but doesnt scramble the eggs. I got a few lumpy bits but they were easily strained off in a sieve.

I'm going to make another batch this weekend and hopefully it will last a few months in the fridge.

Here is the recipe I used and a few pretty pictures. I really love making things like this! Maybe I'll have to go fruit picking in the summer and try my hand at jam making next?





Comments