All natural homemade gummies

A few weeks ago I started buying gummy probiotics. I wasn't sure if they would taste that nice to be honest because they were made from 100 percent natural ingredients (no sugar, additives etc). Happily I found they were super yummy and that got me thinking about making some of my own. On my birthday a lovely lady I follow on instagram posted this recipe and I figured it must be the universe telling me to have a go myself so yesterday I did!

They worked really well and were fun to make. All you need is a silicone mold of some kind (we used these gingerbread men because I thought gummy bears might be a bit small for our 15 month old) or a tupperware container that you can pour the mixture into until it's set and then you can cut it into cubes.

Berry Gummy Bears (or gingerbread men in our case)

  • ½ cup pureed berries (allow to thaw to room temp if using frozen)
  • ½ cup water
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons honey
  • 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
  • gummy bear silicone mold or a plastic tray if you prefer gummy squares

Instructions

  1. Combine all ingredients except gelatin in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir with a whisk.
  2. Gradually whisk gelatin into the mixture, stirring constantly.
  3. Continue heating over medium-low heat until all ingredients are well combined and gelatin is completely melted. (The mixture will change from a grainy, jelly-like consistency to a more glassy, smooth consistency when gelatin is all melted.)
  4. Place gummy bear mold on baking tray (which makes it easier to move without spilling once filled). Pour mixture into silicone mold and place in freezer for about 20-30 minutes.
  5. Pop gummy bears out of mold and store in an airtight container. They will keep in the refrigerator for a few weeks or cut up your gummy slice into squares or bite size pieces. Enjoy!
They really are pretty addictive! My little boy loves them and chooses to eat them first if they are on a plate with anything else. Gelatin also has a lot of health benefits including being great for your skin and a natural digestion aid (which is why I like them).  If you give them a go I'd love to see your pictures.

x SR

Comments