Valentine's Day and the red velvet cake

I had such a wonderful Valentine's Day it started off with this incredible pink sunrise on my way to work...

Then I was super spoilt with these pretty flowers


And it ended with having fish and chips on one of my favourite beaches in Eastbourne...


I decided to go with a red velvet cake for my husband just because it seemed fitting for Valentine's Day. I think it overall I was really pleased with it except my decorating definitely wasn't the best...oh well it tasted great and thats what counts right?

I love the colour too! I haven't baked one in years so I was a bit nervous about it being the right colour (I always find that the trickiest part to get right with red velvet cakes)

Now he has to work his way through the rest... I'm sure he'll manage it though!

Happy Valentine's Day blogger friends <3

Comments